Sunday, July 4, 2010

I don't believe in love at first sight, but damn. That guy who sped by on the back of that truck yesterday was something else....Probably has a kid, a wife, and a girlfriend...and is probably Honduran.

In more actual news, I'm being wooed by the attentions of a 7-year-old. They don't make men like this in the States. He's so attentive, cariƱoso, and thoughtful. And sooo cute. He's Celsito, my cousin Celso's son, so that technically makes me his sort-of aunt. I don't think he really understands that relationship. In the U.S., we would be second cousins. To him, I'm his playmate and current crush. He's also very patient. We took a nap in my aunt's hammocks day before yesterday. He wanted to play, but I wanted to nap. So I took one hammock and he the other, and rested with me for about an hour and a half. He must have dozed off too. I've taught him how to play tic tac toe and hangman. Celsito says he also likes to dance, especially reggaeton.

The mosquitoes love me. Especially my elbows. I have a total of about 13 bites now. I've been spraying repellent on regularly, but I apparently miss my elbows when I do so. Or, it's not working very effectively. It wasn't this bad in Costa Rica. Not even where it was most hot and humid. And my bites didn't get as itchy or swollen. I got 11 bites total when I was there for the 4 weeks.

As for my research--when am I gonna be able to get it done? Hopefully sometime next week. I'll send some e-mails today and hope that they're available soon. I've been trying to do some reading, and it seems like more than I knew is out there on the subject. I still have tons of reading to do. I just hope that I can still come up with a project original enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment